Curriculum Vitae: Chris Lin Cheng, PhD
ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE
Department of Polymer Science and Materials
668 Jimei Avenue, Xiamen, Fujian 361021
P. R. China.
E-mail: email@example.com. Telephone and Fax: 0592-6162225
1999 Ph.D. Polymer Chemistry, Dalian University of Technology (advisor: Professor Xigao Jian)
1994 M.S. Organic Chemistry, East China University of Science and Technology (advisor: Professor Yanlong Qian)
1987 B.S. Chemistry, Baoji University of Arts and Science
2010.9-2011.9 The Pennsylvania State University Visiting Scientist with Professor Qing Wang
2001.3-2002.3 The Hongkong University of Science and Technology Postdoc with Professor Benzhong Tang
1999.4-2001.3 Wuhan University Postdoc with Professor Jingui Qin
1993.3-1995.2 State Key Laboratory of Element Organic Chemistry, Nankai University
1992.2-1993.3 State Key Laboratory of Organometallic Chemistry, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry (SIOC), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
Served as a reviewer for a number of international journals including:
Macromolecules, Journal of Polymer Science, Part A: Polymer Chemistry, Polymer, Polymer Bulletin, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Polymer International, European Polymer Journal, Advances in Polymer Technology, etc.
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS
Symmetry is a powerful framework to perceive and predict the physical world. Triptycene has very special D3h symmetry with large internal molecular free volume in organic compounds. It is therefore interesting that symmetry is seldom used as a dominant design element for polymer chemists. Research in Chris Group at Huaqiao University focuses on rational design and green synthesis of macromolecules with novel tunable supramolecular hierarchical architectures derived from triptycene with D3h symmetry, and exploration of their applications in high-tech fields. The research projects in Chris Group involve molecular design based on D3h triptycene and modular construction of new polymers for advanced materials, especially aromatic polymers containing heterocyclic units such as polyimides. The current research programs have been financially supported by NSF of China (50673031, 50973036 and 51473055) and the Key NSF of Fujian Province (E0320003 and 2010J01041).
PUBLICATIONS (List of Selected Papers)
● Youhua Xiao, Yu Shao, Xuxu Ye, Hao Cui, Delian Zhou, Xiaheng Zhou, Shengling Sun, Lin Cheng, Microporous aromatic polyimides derived from triptycene-based dianhydride, Chinese Chemical Letters, 2016, 27(3), 454-458
● Xuejian Zheng, Yu Shao, Youhua Xiao, Shenghua Du, Lin Cheng, Synthesis and properties of new polyimides derived from triptycene with D3h symmetry, Acta Polymerica Sinica, 2014, 1501-1507.
● Lin Cheng, Kuo Han, Kui Xu, Matthew R. Gadinski, Qing Wang, Modular synthesis and dielectric properties of high-performance fluorinated poly(arylene ether 1,3,4-oxadiazole)s, Polymer Chemistry, 2013, 4(8), 2436-2439
● Ruimin Lu, Lin Cheng, Synthesis of 2,6-dimethylnaphthalene-based heterocyclic poly(arylene ether ketone)s, Acta Polymerica Sinica, 2012, 481-484
● Lin Cheng, Zhen Xu, Xingquan Xiong, Jiaxi Wang, Bin Jing, A facile synthesis of novel hyperbranched polyimides from 2, 6, 12-triaminotriptycene, Chinese Journal of Polymer Science, 2010, 28(1), 69-76
● Lin Cheng, Lei Ying, Juan Feng, Chenyi Wang, Jianling Li, Zhen Xu, Novel heterocyclic poly(arylene ether ketone)s: synthesis and polymerization of 4-(4’-hydroxyaryl)(2H)phthalazin-1-ones with methyl groups, Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry, 2007, 45(8),1525-1535
● Lin Cheng, Hong Wu, Lei Ying, Xiaoling Yang, Xigao Jian, New soluble aromatic polyamides from non-symmetrical extended diacid containing phthalazinone moiety, Designed Monomers & Polymers, 2004, 7(3), 225-234
● Lin Cheng, Xigao Jian, Synthesis of new soluble aromatic poly(amide imide)s from unsymmetrical extended diamine containing phthalazinone moiety, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2004, 92(3), 1516-1520
● Lin Cheng, Z. Lu, Jingui Qin et al Synthesis and structural characterization of novel, fluorinated poly(phthalazinone ether)s containing perfluorophenylene moieties, Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry, 2004, 42(4), 925-932
● Han Peng, Lin Cheng, J. Luo, Benzhong Tang et al Simple synthesis, outstanding thermal stability, and tunable light-emitting and optical-limiting properties of functional hyperbranched polyarylenes, Macromolecules, 2002, 35(14), 5349-5351
● Lin Cheng, Xigao Jian, Shizhen Mao, Aromatic polyamides derived from unsymmetrical diamines containing phthalazinone moiety, Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry, 2002, 40(20), 3489-3496
● Jingdong Luo, Z. Xie, Jacky W. Y. Lam, Lin Cheng, X. Zhan, Y. Liu, D. Zhu, Benzhong Tang, Aggregation-induced emission of 1-methyl-1,2,3,4,5-pentaphenylsilole, Chemical Communication. 2001 (18), 1740-1741
● Xigao Jian, Lin Cheng, Synthesis of all-aromatic polyamides containing the 1,2-dihydro-4-phenyl(2H) phthalazinone moiety, Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry, 1999, 37(11), 1565-1567
● Lin Cheng, Xigao Jian, Shoushan Chen, Yanlong Qian, Synthesis and spectral behavior of bulkier substituted titanocene and zirconocene dichlorides, Chinese Journal of Applied Chemistry, 1997, 14(5), 28-31